Saturday 11 September 2021

Credo

 Credo


I believe in good

That lives throughout the universe

I can feel the evil

That follows in its absence. 


In the end all things

Shall live and die and change 

And I salute the miracle

Of the tiny atom. 


I still stand in awe at the sight 

Of the mighty far-flung galaxies

That fill the sky at night. 

There is a spirit in all matter

And there is matter in each spirit. 


There is a mystery

We call consciousness

Which I add without great ceremony

To my growing list of mysteries. 


I feel, therefore I am -

Is the call of every creature. 

To pass throughout this world

Avoiding harm to little things

Dependent on our mercy. 


To see transcendence in the mountains

To fall in love with everything. 

To find the spirit where’re we roam

To see community and a home

For every human being that’s born. 


Blind to nations and to borders

Living free to take no orders

From ancient king or crazy despot. 


Passing simply with light pace

Living lightly leave no trace 

Except the glow we leave behind 

The aura in our absence

No comments:

Post a Comment