Monday 28 February 2022

Enough

 I will not bend the knee


I will not bend the knee

To a man who holds a gun

Against my head and threatens war

Unless I give him what he wants. 


I know this type from seventy years

Of living on this planet

Enough for him is not enough

He’s untethered from reality. 


Unhinged, indecent and chaotic

His soul has disappeared among the rubble 

Bright ideals have been replaced

By evil that’s demonic. 


There is no room for dialogue

With a man who’s lost his mind 

Friends and enemies are better off

When his hands are off the levers. 


He doesn’t care for me

He doesn’t care for you

All words have lost their sense

For he has lost his marbles. 


Bring him to a prison cell

Bring him three meals a day

But never hear from him again

He has nothing more to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment