Wednesday 26 May 2021

Forgive

 Forgive me


Forgive me for the things I bought

And hid and didn’t need

Forgive me all the hungry mouths

I just forgot to feed. 


To be buried in a coffin

With no money only proof

Of humble giving to the poor

Right throughout a life. 


To die with large deposits

Failing miserably 

To spread and share

What life gives us for free. 


We plan to sell this house

Bought forty years ago

The house is not the problem

The clutter brings us woe. 


Unopened wedding presents 

Cupboards clogged with stuff

Things we never knew we bought

The forgotten word ‘enough’


Hope still remains

Old age will bring a change

Instead of hoarding

We’ll open hearts and presses. 


Let him with two coats

Give to him with none

That as days shorten 

Arms will lengthen. 


Hopefully. 


No comments:

Post a Comment