Monday 3 May 2021

Look

 Look at their lives 


Look at their lives

Lives of quiet charity

Admire their faith

Embraced in happy poverty.  


With only a good word

To say about humanity

There’s a gentle refuge

In the sea of my insanity. 


They can see no evil

For there is no mote

In their eyes that

Only see the good. 


Their hearts are tempered 

In the fire that purifies 

And leaves no sediment 

Of selfishness behind. 


Their’s the joy 

That filled the world 

When it was young 

Unused to sinning. 


Their’s the sermons

Without loud words 

Their’s the sweet rain

On the thirsty desert. 


I cannot argue

I cannot understand

I can only yield

To the naked grace. 


There is a future

Filled with light and hope 

But right now there is

A joy in every moment. 


And now the words 

Desert the page and 

Escape the ear 

Leaving only ecstasy. 


For you, for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment